Scarlett is 6 weeks old!
- We went to the doctor last week to check to see if she was healthy since she stopped eating as much as she usually does. She ended up being fine! She did weigh in at 10 lbs 5 oz. She's definitely gaining weight! If she has gained an ounce a day, she would weigh around 10 lbs 10 oz today.
- Scarlett is following objects with her eyes, and she is starting to actually look and focus on us when we talk to her.
- She makes a lot of noises. I really need to record her noises because they are so funny.
- She is getting stronger every day. She's been able to move/lift her head around well since birth, but she's gotten so good that she injures herself :(. This morning she banged her nose good on my collar bone. It made me so sad that she hurt. Her cry is so cute.
- Scarlett is starting to lose her hair on the back of her head. We may need to give her a haircut because her hair is so long at the bottom of her head, but I don't want to be giving my sweet baby her first haircut at six weeks old!
- Scarlett's blessing day was supposed to be last Sunday, but I got sick a few days before. Like really sick. I was in bed for two days straight. I'm so grateful that my husband is so helpful. He brought Scarlett in when she needed to be fed and changed her diapers all night too. I got some much needed rest. We also felt better about not exposing her to too many people just yet.
- Last week, Scarlett started smiling while awake. She smiles more for Weston than for me.
- We had our longest drive yet (2 hours, 40 minutes round trip) and longest day out (4.5 hours). I had a doctor's appointment with my endocrinologist. Feeding was very tricky. I meant to leave by a certain time to get there to feed Scarlett before the appointment, but we were running late. I prayed she would stay asleep, but she woke up. She took her binky for most of the appointment. After the appointment I needed to get my blood drawn, and she was crying in the waiting room. They called my name, and she was still crying. One of the sweet girls that draws blood offered to hold her for me while I got my blood drawn. I hurried out of the building and got to finally feed her. We drove home and had to run another errand to get the ingredients for the food I was making for a lady that I visit teach (we are assigned by my church a lady to visit each month). She had a baby a few days earlier. When we got home I hurried to boil the pasta for the pasta salad, but I had to feed Scarlett. The pasta was a little over done. Oops.
She fell asleep on the ground ^^ That has happened twice.
Daddy didn't realize his hair was poking her face!